Here is some exciting news! In late 2014 Eastwood partnered with guitarist Bill Nelson to create the Limited Edition Astroluxe guitar. Only 24 were made and they sold out in a flash. Since then many people have been asking for a follow-up model to compliment it. Once again we got together with Bill and are now proud to unveil the Astroluxe Cadet.
Like its big brother, the guitar is a semi-acoustic style with a slightly arched top and a single f-hole (which features a grille), but this time a double cutaway. The guitar is fitted with three Airline Argyle White Coil Pickups. There's a 3-way switch with volume and tone controls for the neck and bridge pickups, operating like a standard Gibson guitar. With the switch in the center position, the master volume knob operates as a blend between the middle and neck or the middle and bridge. The guitar is also available in a DLX version with Duesenberg Les Trem Tremolo system (can't imagine Bill's without a tremolo!).
Watch Mike Robinson guide you through the Astroluxe Cadet!
The top of the instrument is finished in a high-gloss cream colour, and the back, sides and neck are in ruby red. The original Astroluxe had back and sides in a solid-gloss smoke grey. We are discussing offering some alternate colour schemes depended on the interest, so be sure to send in your ideas on this subject. Also, these photos of the prototype version have standard LP knobs (yuck!) so we are looking for suitable knobs (as you will see in the mock-up with red UFO dome knobs) and hope to share some ideas with you in the coming weeks.
WATCH: THE FULL DEMO, FEAT. RJ RONQUILLO
Here are the specs:
- Chambered Mahogany Body, Maple Top
- Set Maple Neck. Slim Tapered C-Shaped, 24.75" scale.
- Bill Nelson Signature and Atom Symbol on Headstock
- 20 frets on a 12" Radius Ebony Fretboard with Atom Symbol on 12th fret
- 3 Airline Argyle White Foil Pickups
- 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-Way Switch, Master Volume/Blend
- Bound body, neck and headstock
- STD Stop Tail or DLX Les Trem Tremolo System
- 10-46 D'Addario Gauge Strings
- Available in Vintage Cream/Ruby Red
- Hardshell case INCLUDED
Final street price for the stop tail version is $1349, and for the DLX tremolo version, $1499. Hardshell case INCLUDED.