Here is a new Airline model we are developing. We are 90% of the way there, we just need you help with two things: 1) color 2) fret markers. Please add your comments to this listing. Thanks to Chris Ferebee for sharing these images, here is a link to his website: chrisferebeedesign.com
Watch: Mike Robinson talks about the new Airline Mercury
This design is based loosely on some early 1960's Harmony models. As you can see in the photographs of the prototype we've made, it is slightly larger than a Les Paul with a tone chambered mahogany body, dual P-90 pickups and a slightly thinner body depth that a Gibson 335 style guitar. Here are the details:
- Body: Chambered Mahogany with maple top, 40mm depth
- Colours: Let's Vote!
- Pickups: Two Custom Hi-Output P-90's
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone
- Bridge: Stop Tail, Tune-O-Matic Bridge, Optional Bigsby
- Neck: Set Neck, Bound Maple
- Scale Length: 24 3/4"
- Width at the Nut: 1 5/8"
- Strings: D'Addario #10
- Case: Gigbag included
- Unique Features: AIRLINE logo on Pickguard