This project is now complete and the production model is available here: http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/airline-59-2pt-black/
There are two questions we hear a lot - question one - ‘those controls must get in the way?’. If one person is asking it, at least ten people are thinking it, right? Anyone who owns or has played an Airline '59 2P knows that the controls aren’t really an issue - you adapt your playing without knowing you’ve adapted. Easy. However, we thought it was about time we had some fun with the Airline 59 shape and take the ‘controls’ question out of the equation. We then presented it in a new familiar guise that we love and one that also gives a nod to another guitar we love. Ladies and gentlemen, we give you the Airline 59 2PT.
Bite, growl, balls, vibrant resonance - the 2PT has it all. Three chords shouldn’t sound this good!? In fact, you know when you have a guitar where you can happily hit ONE chord for an hour without realizing it? Yep, it’s one of those guitars. We can give you the specs - the tone-chambered mahogany body, the custom alnico pickups, etc, but the result of the 2PT is much greater than the sum of its parts!
Available in two colours, plus a LEFTY;
- Black on Black
- Black on Blonde
- Black on Black LH (Are you kidding me!? Another cool lefty unlike anything else out there!? We’re just normal beings people, you don’t need to worship us. ;-) )
- Body: Tone Chambered Mahogany
- Pickups: Single Coil Bridge, Humbucker Neck
- Switching: 3-Way
- Controls: Volume, Tone.
- Bridge: Tele Bridge with string through body
- Neck: Bound Maple, Bolt-on
- Finger Board: Rosewood, Block Markers
- Scale Length: 25 1/2" (648mm)
- Width at the Nut: 1 11/16"
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario #10
Final price is $999 which includes a custom hardshell case. You can secure yours with a $200 deposit, only available here at the Custom Shop!